We’ve released an updated build of 4.0. This build has fixes to the problems outlined below. Your Spiceworks installation will not automatically update to this version. If you’re seeing any of the problems outlined below then download the update and install it on your existing installation. (All Spiceworks updates are cumulative so the next update will include these changes). In general we recommend staying up with the latest build.
Fixes in this build address the following issues:
- Intermittent slow-downs. On some networks the Network Health Check (by default every 15 minutes) was causing the app to slow down.
- Case sensitivity in the user portal. There was a problem in the user portal where email addresses were being treated with case sensitivity.
- Network Map – Orphaned Devices. We’ve fixed a few cases where orphaned devices were showing up on the network map.
- HelpDesk Email Attachments: Email attachments from Outlook 2007 to Exchange 2007 were not being added to the ticket.
- Ticket Import Script: The bulk ticket import script was not working in the last build.
- Finding Network Map Nodes: Now to find a node on the network map simply start typing the name of the node in the search box. This feature will help you find nodes on the network map.
- View Device On Network Map: We’ve added a link to devices that allow you to quickly switch to seeing the device on the network map.
- Search Performance: Search performance has been optimized to return results faster.
- Empty Subject Lines: We fixed an issue where empty subjects in ticket emails were not being handled properly with Exchange.
- Remote Site Collector UI: If you’re using Spiceworks in a distributed fashion with the remote site collector this build makes your set up much easier! Just check out Francis’ how-to on setting up remote site collectors.
- HelpDesk Email Hanging Notifications: In some Exchange setups the helpdesk emails can cause the user’s email to hang.
- Filter Option on Network Map: The filter option is now visible in the toolbar on the network map.