Tonight Spiceworks will be carrying out a community update, this month’s is full of great new features:
- Classification of Software Reviews – The first new feature is designed to allow SpiceHeads to categorize the software reviews by software type. This is aimed to help people find the right solution for them as well as related software packages they maybe interested in checking out.
- Mobile View – This has been a long awaited feature for some people, with more and more smart phone devices being used to checkout the community Spiceworks have added a mobile view. The community will automatically detect if you are using a mobile device and display a simplified view to allow you to read and reply to topics. This feature will be released as beta while they fine tune it to ensure it works on as many mobile devices as possible so if you have a problem let them know.
- New User Permissions – As the community is growing some people have spotted a increase in junk posts, scripts and how-to’s. After the release tonight Pimientos will be restricted to asking only 2 questions, and restricted from sharing how-tos, scripts, and reviews.
- Advanced Search Options – You will now be able to search the community based on date using the new advanced search options link.
- Unanswered Questions on What’s New in the Community sidebar – As well as the recent, popular and news tabs in the “What’s New in the Community” box in the sidebar of the community we will also have a unanswered questions one to help you quickly help your fellow IT pro’s.
- Improvements to Group Admin Weekly Update email – Some more information as been added to the group admin’s weekly update emails to help you manage your group better.
- Upload SpiceCorps meeting notes as attachments – You will now be able to upload your meeting notes as a document rather than coping and pasting.
- Speed up subscription & verification emails – The priority for subscription and verification emails has been raised so they go out before the digests. Finally this looks like it might get fixed, some people have been having this problem for a good few months now.
- And as always plenty of bug fixes.
The full official notes will be released onto the community news section soon.
The update will happen at 00:00 tonight for people in the UK (GMT) or 7:00pm CDT. Convert it into your time zone.
Update: The notes are out see them here