So the Spiceworks 5.1 third beta was released 3 days ago and had around 25 changes and additions so following on from our first review here is our quick overview review of the latest and greatest beta.
One of the first things you will notice when you install the new beta is the new dashboard widgets bar to let you know about all the cool new preinstalled widgets you can add to any of your dashboards. These new widgets include:
- Google Apps – Manage your Google Apps services from your Spiceworks Dashboard
- UPS Supervisor -Easily dig into the details about power events and redundancy hardware on your network
- EMC Storage Advisor – Visualize your storage capacity needs over time
- Warranty Center – View workstation and server warranty statuses at a glance.
- Ink & Toner Center – Review all your printer ink levels at once
One of the next major things you will notice is the ability to Merge duplicate tickets into a single ticket this has been a long awaited feature for some users and has taken Spiceworks a while to build it so that they build it right! Merging tickets can be a dangerous thing in regards to how the data is migrated and what to do with update etc… After lots of planning and talks with SpiceHeads the team finally came up with a way to do it and now within 5.1 you can merge tickets into one.
Merging tickets brings across all the needed information, the creator, all comments, related assets, purchases, and CC’d users are added to the new “master ticket”. Duplicate ticket attributes should not overwrite the master ticket’s attributes unless the duplicate ticket has higher priority, an earlier due date, or the master ticket is missing certain attributes.
Some minor bug fixes were also rolled out in this release:
- Timeline on manual devices in inventory errors out – fixed
- Text wrapping around to second line of cell when exporting report to PDF – fixed
- Network Utilization Graph – Graph not displaying for all WMI devices – fixed
- Connected to Port should show interface name and not just a number
- Create new scan error for devices that support config backup but have no associated accounts
- Support for Alcatel/Lucent Omniswitch
- Create auth error when no config backup accounts specified for supported device
- Add reporting columns for connected switch and port
- [Network Config Backup] – SSH scan error not being generated for Dell PowerConnects – fixed
- Improve the first inventory scan experience
- Proxy App Notifications through the Community
- Float values in reports displaying as currency – fixed
- Info message on the dashboard that new widgets are available
- UPS: Device cannot be attached to UPS that is already attached to a person – fixed
- Create UPS Connection for USB Attached UPS automatically
- Network devices that are backup/restore capable should assist the user instead of messaging them
- Combine multiple devices fixed from scan error alerts into single scan entry
- Helpdesk: Attachments in replies to notifications fail to attach in the next set of notifications – fixed
- Helpdesk: Only the first attachment is received in notification when multiple attachments are sent – fixed
- HTML Email Template: No Message on Ticket Closed – fixed
- Items under “Related To” no longer left-justified – fixed
- Exchange 2007/2010: Notifications with attachments included fail to send – fixed
Checkout http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/132609 for all the info on the third 5.1 beta