So as everyone will be aware Spiceworks regularly update the community, over the next few months there are going to be some updates. In which may or may not affect you but having the news first can help you be prepared.
- Audit Trials – With more admins now around the community for all the different groups Spiceworks have designed a audit trial system. This will be publically visable and show when a topic was moved, who marked the best answer and also making people give reasons for deleting topics. All off this is designed to make the community more open so everyone can see who did what.
- Clearer guidelines coming for group admins – So to help with the above Nic (the community manager) is going to work on some guidelines for Group Admins on when to mark answers or close topics. This will hopefully ease up any worry about if they are doing the right thing and with the audit trial above we will hopefully see a increase in group admin activity. If you are a group admin and have any questions you can always PM me (akp982) or Nic we are happy to help.
- From the tranches to get a name change – The from the trenches group is to get a name change, this is because it can be confused with people going to the war or coming back from the war. This may only be me though… Don’t know what the from the trenches group is? Its about Articles & reviews from Spiceworks users about technology. Read more and join in on the community. Currently there is one article “Real World SMB Security” written by DigitalBlacksmith its well worth a read.
- Not confirmed but it appears the number of groups may go down, instead of having little groups for cisco or hp switches it will just be “networking” this will help with the amount of unanswered questions as well as make it easier to navigate the community. This may or may not happen though.
- Also we are meant to be seeing the release of Spiceworks 4.5 tomorrow yay
As we find out more we will update you