Make sure you follow our flickr for pictures of the event.
If you are currently at the event you can join in the chat on the community, if any starts.
- 9:20 – Just started, Tabrez is introducing the day.
- Tabrez is introducing Spiceworks, where is the best place to install it and what browser to use.
- Just did a raise of hands about how Spiceworks is used by the SpiceHeads here, about 50/50 new users and intermediate users and around 15/20 are still on 4.0
- Spiceworks 5.1 is on the way the SW team have it as a internal build
- David has just started talking about how the inventory works and how the clientless scanner works.
- Surprised by the number of people here who haven’t yet installed Spiceworks but kudos to them for turning up
- Just had a nice break sponsored by VMware and now listening to a great talk about how VMware can help your SMB.
- Checkout http://www.spiceworks.com/resources/apps/vmware/virtualization_webinar/index.php for how VMware can help you, Spiceworks are also recording the talk to put on Spiceworks TV soon.
- Back to talks from Spiceworks about how the scanners works and how to get the most out of it.
- Uploading custom group icons is on the way
- Tabrez is talking about monitoring your network with reports and the built in monitoring.
- David is talking about how the network config backup tool in Spiceworks 5.0 will help prevent that 2am call saying its all broken.