Unofficial Spiceworks has decided to start trying to keep a version history going, we have tried to back fill as much information on the earlier versions as possible and in the future we will work to fill them in more.
Spiceworks really has come a long way since version 1 and will continue to go from strength to strength and time progresses. With more really exciting features and new vendors planned for the future there is no limit on how far Spiceworks can go to helping provide you with everything IT.
If you have more details we could add then please do email us via the contact page.
- Spiceworks 7.0 - Improved group scanning, integrated MDM and a lighting fast help desk
- Spiceworks 6.2 - Focus your tickets, focus your time… at the office or on the go!
- Spiceworks 6.1 - HP iLO functionality
- Spiceworks 6.0 - Knowledge base and Remote agent
- Spiceworks 5.3 - Software License Improvements, Office 365 and lots of bug fixes
- Spiceworks 5.2 - Changes IT Services to Cloud Services / Vendors and brings a license manager for OEM and Volume Keys.
- Spiceworks 5.1 - Great new features from Multi-threading Support to smart disk monitoring. There is also new support for UPS devices from Ricoh and Google Apps Support.
- Spiceworks 5.0 - The start of people view and better purchasing all tied together with a new UI
- Spiceworks 4.7 - A fair few bug fixes and some cool new features
- Spiceworks 4.6 - View and kill processes remotely, discover virtual servers, see more help desk tickets, expand your Spiceworks interface and benefit from over 100 bug fixes!
- Spiceworks 4.5 - HTTPS Support, SQL Monitoring & Help Desk Queuing...in Over 10 Languages.
- Spiceworks 4.1 - HTML Help Desk Emails, License Tracking, Over 150 Fixes & More!
- Spiceworks 4.0 - Includes speed improvements, Network Map (BETA), IT User Portal, Spiceworks Help Desk with Exchange 2007, Tickets Anywhere, Vendor plugins from Microsoft & LiveOffice, Windows Event ID Collaboration.
- Spiceworks 3.6 - improvements in performance and resource usage
- Spiceworks 3.5 - Includes over 1000 bug fixes and changes.
- Spiceworks 3.2 - 26+ bug fixes to help make your experience even better.
- Spiceworks 3.1 - Over 190 bug fixes and features!
- Spiceworks 3.0 - Your Network Management Tool for Everything IT
- Spiceworks 2.1 - You asked. We delivered.
- Spiceworks 2.0 - 2x Faster. 2x Smarter. 2x Spicier!
- Spiceworks 1.7 - Introduced support for collecting product keys, product ratings
- Spiceworks 1.6 - Introduced remote desktop capability with RDP and VNC, MySpiceworks dashboard, expanded support for collecting the status of anti-virus packages
- Spiceworks 1.5 - Over 100 user's beta tested 1.5 and it brought in some of the most used features.
- Spiceworks 1.1 - The first minor release but still packed for of features user's wanted.
- Spiceworks 1.0 - This was the first official release and the start of a great product.
- Spiceworks Beta - The starter of the peppers, the first beta.